The suburb Coopers Plains (now called Acacia Ridge) was discovered by Captain Patrick Logan on one of his many journeys during 1826 to 1830. Named for Doctor Henry Cooper, a surgeon and Government Medical Officer and originally spelt "Cowper's Plains" but pronounced "Cooper", the area was a small convict settlement for the chain gangs that built many of the roads in the areas surrounding our school.
A provisional school was opened at Coopers Plains on 1 April 1869 on two acres of land, possibly donated by a local resident. The original building was used until 1873 when it was replaced by a State School. Miss Fanny Stanbrough was the first teacher from 1869 to 1871. When she first arrived there was an average attendance of 26 pupils.
In August 1941, a partition was made to the Department of Public Instruction requesting that the name of the school be changed either to Archerfield or Acacia Ridge. After much debate, the school officially changed its name to "Acacia Ridge State School" No.25 on 10 July 1956. The No.25 indicated that it was the 25th school opened in Queensland.
Acacia Ridge State School was relocated to the site of the Acacia Ridge State High School in Nyngam Street, adjacent to the Archerfield Aerodrome, as the high school had amalgamated with Salisbury State High School to form Nyanda State High School.